What is it?
The importance of and how to measure the social impact of the change you bring to the lives of the people you work with.
Why do it?
- Identify what works well and what you could change or improve
- Report back to funders more effectively
- Provide evidence to help you plan for the future
- Develop services based on what your users need and not what you think they need
- For commissioners and funders it is an effective way to demonstrate how well the organisation is performing and worthy of future funding
- Understand the benefits of measuring outcomes
- Understand importance of Outputs Vs. Outcomes
- Set outcome indicators and establish how indicators lead onto measuring outcomes
- Speak the funder’s language!
“The social impact measurement tool really helped us validated the benefits of what we are doing on a daily basis. With just 3 or 4 well thought out questions it’s a quick way to get results you need to improve the service and impress funders. Our clients have learning difficulties so we used emoticons which provided a more consolidated and much richer measurement”.
Nick Benjamin, Speak Out in Hounslow
Contact Thameside Enterprise to discuss ways in which we can help your business or community organisation grow and develop. Email Thameside Enterprise, call on 020 8878 4912 or fill in the form below: